INTERVENTION FOR THE GENERATIONS
Clinical Training Eligible for 8CE* Credits
- Expert lectures with experiential exercises for clinicians and their clients
- Clinical interviews with psychology thought leaders on Attachment Disturbances
- Q&A with a psychology expert that dives deeper into the Three Pillars Practice to help you apply it within different areas.
- BONUS: A complete 200-page workbook with transcripts and slides*
- BONUS: Over 20 hours of comprehensive reference material*
Heal Attachment Disturbances
PART 1 - THE BACKGROUND
A Comprehensive Overview of Attachment Disturbances
PART 2 - THE APPROACH
Introducing the Three Pillar Approach
The Three Pillars represent the core of Dr. Brown’s approach to attachment treatment:
- The Ideal Parent Figure Protocol (IPF)
- Fostering a range of Metacognitive Skills
- Fostering collaborative nonverbal and verbal behavior
Learn a step-by-step introduction to how the Three Pillar Approach treats attachment disturbance. Integrating research and comprehensive clinical expertise, it equips clinicians with the necessary skills to foster new, healthy and positive internal working models for attachment.
PART 3 - THE TREATMENT
Treating Specific Forms of Attachment Disturbance in Adults
PART 4 - NEXT STEPS
Introduction to AAI and diving deep with patients to explore their Self Pathology* & Secure Intimacy
- Daniel P Brown, Ph.D. is Associate Clinical Professor of Psychology at Harvard Medical School and has served on the faculty for over 38 years.
- A senior meditation master, Dr. Brown has trained and taught with top Indo-Tibetan Bon & Buddhist lamas for more than 48 years, including lineage holders from some of the great schools of Buddhism.
- An author of 24 books, and winner of the 1999 Guttmacher Award from the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Psychiatry & Law for outstanding contribution to forensic psychiatry.
- As an expert forensic law witness, Dr. Brown has testified in over 200 child abuse cases and served as an expert witness for prosecutors at the International War Crimes Tribunal, helping them establish a standard of evidence for victims of war atrocities.
- Dr. Brown co-developed The Attachment Project based on the foundations of his award-winning book Attachment Disturbances in Adults: Treatment for Comprehensive Repair.
- The Three Pillars treatment method has garnered praise across the scientific and medical community, which was the recipient of the 2018 ISST-D Pierre Janet Writing Award.
BASED ON THE AWARD WINNING CLINICAL BOOK
Attachment Disturbances in Adults: Treatment for Comprehensive Repair
Daniel P. Brown, Ph.D. and David S. Elliott Ph.D.
Complete Training Overview
What Clinicians Are Saying About Dr. Brown’s Approach
Dianne Roberts Stoler Ed.D. from Psychology Today article
Onno van der Hart
PhD, Emeritus Professor of Psychopathology of Chronic Traumatization, Utrecht University
MN, CS, Clinical Director, Metropolitan Counseling Services. Author of Coping with Trauma-Related Dissociation
McKnight Presidential Chair, Professor of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota
PhD, author of The Transforming Power of Affect, Director of the AEDP Institute
Human Givens Journal
A thought-provoking, inspiring journal about psychology, human behaviour and mental health.
Reviewed by: Tina Arnoldi. Find the article that refers to the quote here >
American writer on transpersonal psychology and his own integral theory.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does * mean?
Who is training targetted at?
What will I learn in this training?
Will I need follow up supervision or a master class to dive deeper?
Are the course sessions live or pre-recorded?
I'm a full time student or from a country classified as low income by the world bank?
How do I purchase Dr. Brown’s book Attachment Disturbances in Adults: Treatment for Comprehensive Repair?
To whom can I send feedback or suggestions?
What is your refund policy?
What are the learning objectives of the program?
2) Identify the 2 best assessment tools to identify attachment disturbance in the patient and discuss accurate assessment of comorbidity of attachment disturbance.
3) Define the 4 types of attachment disturbance with their clinical manifestations and the attachment bond over the lifecycle.
4) Demonstrate & utilize the experience of the Ideal Parent Figures protocol & case conceptualization for treating Preoccupied, Dismissing and Disorganized Attachment in patients & the protocol to help in Enhancing Secure Intimacy in patients.
5) Explain the role of Metacognition in treating attachment disturbance and be able to describe the 4 generations of metacognitive skills.
6) Apply collaborative behaviour in your treatments to help patients with collaborative dialogue.
7) Discuss how to utilize the three pillars method in clinical practice with practical examples of being able to prepare treatments plans and explanation to your patients how this applies.
8) Identify how to apply the three pillars method can be utilized in combination with different types of therapy..
How long does it take to complete the training?
How do I obtain my 8 CE credits for US & Canadian Clients?
How do I obtain a certificate of completion World Wide (excluding US & Canada)?
How do I access The Complete Training on Attachment Disturbances after I have purchased it?
Can I download the course to a computer or mobile device?
What is your Grievance Policy?